THE FIRST POSITIONS ARE ALREADY OUT – APPLY NOW;
Senior developers with a young soul
and Junior developers with an old soul
It’s about growth, and we are growing faster by the day. To keep up with market demand and to make sure we are the biggest proximity network today, tomorrow, and beyond, we are ready for twenty new friends. Friends to join in on our global journey, and friends to… well, to be just friends. And some of the first new friends to join us are more kick-ass developers. Up for it?
It’s about growth. Unacast started only 12 months ago, and have achieved quite a bit already. Highlights are the recent $1,6m funding, the opening of Unacastles in Oslo, NYC, London and San Francisco, featured coverage in everything from Fast Company to Venturebeat and Business Insider, and we have added eight more friends to the team. All by working hard, and enjoying every moment of it.
We managed to take Unacast this far without you. To take it further, we need YOU.
Our mission is of enormous proportions, and not for the faint hearted. The physical world around us is increasingly being populated with proximity sensors to communicate with people and gather data to learn. These sensors are being deployed in the millions, by thousands of different companies with equally many ways of storing data, dealing with privacy and data tagging.
Unacast means “one”, and our mission is to be the backend of proximity data, by interconnecting all of these companies and technologies to each other. You could call us the veins in the body of Internet of Things. We do.
Unacast is needed. Through our platform we are sending millions of real-time interactions back and forth to power physical and digital communication between brands, retailers and end users. We are the world's largest global proximity network, and our API enable brands and retailers to easily tap into the rapid growing amount of proximity data. As an example, Schibsted has said that location and proximity is the main driver of future advertising.
It’s about growth. And it’s about having a good time, as an individual, as a professional, and as a team. That’s why in Unacast we don’t have meeting rooms, we have living rooms. That’s why we don’t count hours at the desk, but rather count our accomplished shared goals. That’s why we give you unlimited vacation and want unlimited dedication. That’s why we want to work with people we can call friends. That’s why we want to work with you.
These positions will mainly operate out of Unacastle Oslo
. We encourage women to apply as we strive to have a balanced work environment. We believe a balanced work environment is a catalyst for success.
We are ready for more developer-friends:
We are ready for more sysop-friends:
- With a passion for coding and who takes pride in their Github account or other open source contributions
- That are comfortable switching between languages and contributing to the whole stack
- That are geared towards cloud and microservices
- That are ops-minded, and love scripting and automating common tasks using tools such and Gulp, Grunt and JVM equivalents
- That long to work in a true agile environment with multiple production deployments per day, and that are willing to take joint responsibility for our code until it is no longer in production
- We are looking for; Senior developers with a young soul and Junior developers with an old soul.
We are ready for more UX/UI-friends:
- That are dev-minded and have programming experience and are comfortable working hands-on with the code of Unacast’s products and services
- That have production experience in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- That have production experience with configuration management and knowledge of tools like Docker, Ansible and Consul
- That knows their command-line as good as their own back yard
- That hate manual tasks, and live and breathe automation
We are ready for more data scientist-friends:
- That loves product and concept visualization
- That are good at screen design, mockups in Axure, Balsamiq or similar
- That have prototyping skills, and experience in HTML and CSS is an advantage
- That will help us understand our clients’ needs, and help us shape our product portfolio accordingly
- That have experience in exploratory statistical data crunching and mining using tools such as R, Matlab and Python frameworks for scientific computing.
- That ideally are comfortable with programming
- That ideally have experience with real time data streaming using Kafka, Spark, Samza, Storm or similar frameworks
- That have experience with personalization and recommender systems in media, publisher and e-commerce domains as well as data-driven business intelligence solutions
- That have experience with machine learning methods such as collaborative filtering, regression, inference and prediction
The recruitment process is lead by First Engineers. All enquiries may be directed to the recruitment consultant, Tor Daneshmand, First Engineers.